A Father - Son Connection to Japan

I often hear from readers of this  blog that you enjoy the 'personal' stories so here is one.....

This week, my son used his spring break to take part in Model UN which is an educational simulation in which students learn about international relations, diplomacy and how the UN works. Participants in Model UN conferences, referred to as delegates, are placed in committees and assigned countries to represent. They are presented with their assignments in advance, along with the topics that their committee will discuss. Delegates conduct research before conferences and formulate positions that they will then debate with their fellow delegates in committee. Well, my son's team was assigned Japan so the kids each worked on a different aspect. In the past few weeks, I heard about the results of research on Japanese micro-economics to watching him build Mt Fuji out of paper mache with a friend. 

Below is a picture of his classmates with their Japanese display on the first day of Model UN.


Now, you ask, why is this post titled 'Father-Son Connection'?  Well, as my son was in  NY representing Japan at Model UN, his father was actually in Japan (at the Japanese Society of Echocardiography) representing the United States (American Soc of Echo).  While I got to see a new city (Kitakyushu in the southern part of Japan), meet many nice people and try some new food (don't ask!), I am guessing he had a lot more fun than me and will remember the experience for the rest of his life.

Here is a picture of me with my 'friends'.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!